Wardrobe Post 2021: A Short Reflection

Other posts in the series

First Post: Main Pieces

Second Post: Outerwear, Blouses and Cutsews

Third Post: Pants, Shorts, and Socks

Fourth Post: Accessories, Bags, and Shoes

Wardrobe posts are a major undertaking, but I finally did mine! It's about my sixth year in the fashion, but this is the first time I've committed to photographing, labeling, and posting everything that I could find information about. I left out petticoats and bloomers (too personal), as well as tights (boring and hard to photograph), but I've taken pictures of pretty much everything else. Here are some fun facts and metrics about my wardrobe:

Oldest Piece I can find: 

Meta, probably 1999

So old it doesn't even have a zipper, just back buttons!

Newest piece:

Morning Glory, 2020

So happy!

Here's a chart of all my garment colorways by percent of clothing article type total:

I guess I really like black!

My #1 brand numerically was BPN, but I have a lot of Meta, BTSSB, Putumayo, AATP (specifically socks), and IW. I still don't own any Moitie, but I'm really cross averse and a total cheapskate, so that may not come for a while. I'm surprised at how much less Meta I had than I was expecting; I have plenty of Meta main pieces and accessories, but only one cutsew and one blouse.

For 2021, my goals are:

  • Wear everything more! Some of these haven't seen the light of day in forever.
  • Sell the blouses that don't fit. 
  • Pick up ivory socks, tights that aren't super boring, and a couple more rectangle headdresses (solid black, dark red x offwhite)
  • Give my fixer-upper pieces some tlc!
  • Finally get something from Moi Meme Moitie and an Usakumya pochette.
  • Work on identifying some of my rarer/older pieces (if you have clues, comment or message me!).
  • Donate more money to Lolibrary when I get the chance. 
  • Continue being the edgy punk disaster my 13 year old self dreamed of!

Thank you for reading! It's the tail end of January, but I made it, and I'm pretty proud of what I made. My wardrobe has hit a stable phase where everything goes with something, and I neither feel like I need to sell a lot or buy a ton: I'm really happy where I am. 

Have a great rest of 2020!


No comments:

Post a Comment