(In Lieu Of A) Wardrobe Post 2022: New Items From 2021

It's the most wonderful time of the year: January, when all the lolitas (and Bibliotheca writers)reenact a LiveJournal theme and post our updated wardrobes. I, however, am a grade-A lazybones, and I have a burning lack of desire to put forth my abysmal photography skills once again, so here's an update comprised of listing images from the items I bought this year, arranged by item type. Most of them have dubious or nonexistent release dates and official names, so I simply won't bother listing a year. 

Main Pieces

I mostly restrained myself in this category!
Gauze Heart Pockets OP, Super Lovers, 2019?

Not lolita, but punk, comfy, and breathable!

Lace-Up JSK, IW, 2001

Picked up from a comm member's online consignment stream extravaganza and worth every penny and more. 

Tartan Check Scallop Hem JSK, BTSSB, 2004? (many releases)
A long time dream dress and way to fulfill my Momoko fantasy of being a narcissistic gremlin. Bought at a swap meet from one of the coolest people I know.
Musical Instruments JSK, Axes Femme Poetique
Picked up on Closet Child due to its strong resemblance to some of my favorite IW prints. The polyester fabric is incredibly sturdy, and the half shirring is comfy as heck.

Outerwear

A complete failure of self restraint.

Cards Long Wool Cardigan, Peace Now

Warm and comfy, plus the sides unbutton to help skirts flare!

Vest, Ozz On

Punk ouji dreams: fulfilled. 

Gobelins Vest, Offbrand
A comfy way to dress up my red skirts. 
Cardigan, Axes Femme

I really haven't worn this as much as I thought I would, but it's a fun basic and just fancy enough to catch the eye. 

Cream Lace Vest, Axes Femme

Nice but, again, haven't worn it too much. Might need to rehome it. 

Vest, Axes Femme

I love this vest. It's sturdy, lacy but not too girly, and it fits like a dream. Definitely worth $6. 

Long Short-Sleeve Parka, Peace Now

0% lolita, 100% comfy. 

Polka Dot Ruffle Parka, Peace Now

Very comfy and extremely cute for casual, a little on the thin side though. The hood has a surprise (the surprise is bear ears).

Music Cardigan, Axes Femme Poetique

Probably from the same series as the JSK, but I am a known music theme hoarder and would have gotten it even if it weren't a perfect match. 

Bunny Ears Parka, Peace Now

The triumphant return of my bunny ears problem!

Cotton Twill Coat, MAM

Got this for 400 yen on Y!J Auctions. Very comfy and well-fitting.

Tops

I mostly focused on wearability this past year, i.e., things I wouldn't have to iron. 

Shadow Card Suite Stripe Blouse, Axes Femme

The one I do have to iron, but it was cute and cheap and I need more reds. 

Crown Embroidery Blouse, BPN, 2012?

 Purchased to match bloomers (below).

Python Pattern Drape Cutsew, Deorart, 2017

I am very edgy and cool. 

Puff Sleeved Polka-Dot Cutsew, Peace Now

A thin synthetic that will be great for warm weather!

Cat Piano Cutsew, Peace Now

It's got cats and music, what more could a they need? Definitely going to pair it with my Metamorphose Musical Cat Mini Skirt. 

Gingham Ribbon Cutsew, Axes Femme
Very comfy, with just enough detail to match most of my skirts. 

Daisy Collar Embroidery Cutsew, FINT

Purchased specifically to have a Peter Pan collar to go under JSKs without needing to iron a whole blouse. 

Ruffle Collar Short Sleeve Cutsew, Putumayo, 2014

Finding a Putumayo item with a lolibrary entry is like winning the lottery. 

Bottoms

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any lolita skirts in 2021!
Distorted Grid Flare Skirt, Peace Now

Technically not a lolita skirt!

Brocade Stripe Shorts, BPN

They are brocade and I am a sucker. 

Skirt-Style Wide Pants, Deorart, 2020

SWOOSH

Bloomers

I actually meant to buy these. 
Cigar Cookie Drawers, MAM, 2013

Bought in the white colorway to fulfill last year's wardrobe goals. 
Long Bloomers, MAM, before 2009

These are just illegally comfy. 

Crown Embroidery Bloomers, BPN, 2012?

I have very specific needs, and "fancy embroidered garbage" is most, if not all, of them. 

Accessories

A category for which I did not restrain myself.
Logo Embroidered Beret, Metamorphose, 2019

I needed a red beret that was closer to wine, and this was it! 

Usakumya Rucksack Mini Mini, BTSSB, 2015

Definitely the most useless thing I own, which is all part of the charm. The exact size of a beanie baby, and a wardrobe resolution from last wardrobe post. 

Mini Crown With Rose, Offbrand/unknown Chinese brand

Bought at the swap meet to fulfill an ouji stereotype. 

Princess Rose Headdress, MAM, 2020 Rerelease

In all black because it was one of my wardrobe resolutions. 

Princess Drop Headdress, BTSSB, 2021 Rerelease

Purchased both to fulfill a wardrobe gap and to match my Alice Chess OP. It is a normal and sane thing to buy a new headdress to match a 13 year old rerelease of a 19 year old dress!

This Is My Blood Tote Bag, AATP, 2006

A cool and edgy bag because I am cool and edgy. Bought from a comm member.

Coffin Ring, Moi Meme Moitie, 2019

When I decided during my wardrobe post last year to buy something from Moitie, I had very little idea just how hard it would be to avoid crosses. This is pretty much the only thing I found that fit the bill. 

Legwear

Pin on Lolita Wishlist
Tea Party Shoes, Secret Shop

Free and damaged from the swap meet. 

Old School Is In Session Socks, The Black Ribbon, 2021

Purchased in all black and two pairs of all white, one of which I dyed dark ivory to match a skirt and blouse. 

Circus Key Lolita Tights, Roji Roji

Free from the swap meet. 

Floral Lace Tights, Unknown Chinese brand

Another swap meet freebie! 

Skull and Stripe Knee Socks, Super Lovers

So edgy!

Toy Parade Socks, Innocent World, 2007

The whimsy and joy of these socks is untouchable. 

Halloween Socks, Shirley Temple

IT'S HALLOWEEN, TIME TO GET SPOOKY!

Summary

My goals from last year are mostly complete! I've reached a higher level of wardrobe maturity; there are no longer any gaping holes or needs left, it's only a matter of what I feel like getting. At this point, I have a few wishlist dresses but I really don't need anything. I am content with my wardrobe and I don't want much else. 

I kept strictly to my color scheme this year, but I added a lot of punk items, especially from Peace Now, as well as some lolita-adjacent items from Axes Femme. The lolita items I did add were mostly old school staple items from well-established brands, nothing really new or experimental. My aesthetic, although still not-quite coherent, has been refined by getting rid of things I don't love

Over all, I bought too much, but less too much than I usually do!

For my last wardrobe-themed post of 2022, I think I'll dive into the pieces I own by two of my favorite brands, Maxicimam and BPN/Peace Now, and explore their aesthetics, history, and why I like them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment