(In Lieu Of A) Wardrobe Post 2022: Celebrating Items I No Longer Own

Happy 2022! Time is only as real as you make it, so I'm making this my first foray into the wild world of posting in 2022. For this year, I can't be bothered to do a full wardrobe post, so it's going to be a series of short updates. This is somewhat in keeping of the traditional theme of wardrobe posts.

I sold a few of my main pieces last year, finally! I keep them memorialized in a desktop folder called "Gone But Not Forgotten". Without further ado, here are the important pieces I no longer own (and why). 

 

Velveteen Royal Princess OP, BTSSB, 2010

 I sold this at a swap meet because I've only worn it once in the seven years I'd owned it. There's only so much velveteen one person needs, after all, and I have long-since surpassed that limit. Besides, the net/tulle lace is nowhere near as old school as my grimy goblin hands prefer, and the back bustle makes me worried about getting caught on corners. 


Lace Hearts JSK, IW, 2007, with matching headdress

It's brown. 

Seriously, that's all. I tried to work with having brown in my wardrobe, but my body simply rejected the addition of another color. It sold on LM in approximately 0 seconds. 

Poker JSK, Magic Tea Party, 2014

I originally bought this in a convention lucky pack after the worst wardrobe malfunction of my life to date. (RIP those Meta shorts, literally). The XL was a bit too big for me at the time, but it was better than being naked. The dress has since found another home thanks to LM. I really liked the design, but the fit, the silkiness of the fabric, and the redundant theme meant that my home was not its forever home. 

Rose and Cross Frill Skirt, Putumayo, Unknown (Probably after 2010)

This skirt just has too many visible crosses. There are few things that make me viscerally uncomfortable to wear, and crosses are most of them. Luckily, the one other known Putumayo wearer has given it a loving home in her hoard. 

Unknown Alice Maid Dress, Bodyline, 20??
I got this as a gag in college to make fun of my prof calling old school black and white coordinates "maid cosplay". I have since put it in its final resting place in the freebie bin at a swap meet. The polyester truly has to be felt to be believed.

 

Velveteen Crown Embroidery Tuck Skirt, Metamorphose, 2006
 I accidentally bought the dusty pink (instead of red) and have been waiting to rehome it to an appropriate lolita ever since. Luckily, the chance came at the swap meet, and it is now in trusted hands. This piece is subtly beautiful in this rose colorway with the soft stiffness of the velvet contrasting the ornate rigidity of the embroidery, and the rose theme complimenting the subtle mature color in a way that simply does not match anything I own.

Celebrate Today plastic bags - Photo 1 of 1
Honorable Mention: Bag of Crap

 I once had aspirations towards a fairy kei phase, despite hating color and fun. These aspirations haunted me in the form of a bag of miscellaneous petticoats, cutsews, socks, and tights, all in lurid colors and wrapped in a much-abused Disney bag. These items have since been banished from existence via a combination of the swap meet freebie bin and exorcisms. 

All in all, I have no regrets as to what I've sold and gotten rid of this year. I'm not much of a seller, but these pieces deserved a second chance, far away from me, and now they'll get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment